The RF Test Engineer will contribute to providing access to the latest embedded technology for high end use in a wide range of
military, telecommunication, high energy physics and other industries applications. Supports and
provides expertise from the design to the production phase of RF embedded products. Responsible
for the characterization of the data acquisition products line, performs RF measurements on the
latest embedded converters and digitizers. In coordination with the design, FPGA engineering and
documentation team, plans, performs and reports the test results which will be necessary for the
customers to assess the products RF characteristics. Provides feedback and expertise necessary for
the design optimization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Characterize RF performance of RF embedded products.
• Support and provide expertise during the design phase of RF embedded products as applicable.
• Define verification matrix and internal specifications of RF performance.
• Identify and describe hardware/software resources necessary for lab test setup.
• Perform end-to-end test on lab setup.
• Using RF test equipment to evaluate system performance, evaluate compliance compatibility and
troubleshoot operational issues.
• Carry out RF test execution and generate status and test reports.
• Coordinate with test, engineering and production team for resource planning.
• Complete existing test procedures of RF embedded products.
• Perform RF test equipment calibration.
• Document and release results with the support of the documentation team.
• Participate in design reviews.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic Engineering; Master’s Degree preferred.
• 7+ years of applicable hands-on industry experience in embedded RF design and test.
• Experienced with component-level RF circuit characterization and optimization.
• Hands-on experience with RF test equipment including spectrum analyzer, signal generator,
network analyzer etc.
• Familiar with high-speed ADC and DAC tests.
• Knowledge of signal processing in Matlab is a plus.
• Knowledge of RF guidelines for PCB layout is a plus.
• Ability to multi-tasking and manage a variety of complex tasks.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organization skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of the job.
• Environment: Indoors, mainly in office areas.
• Sitting and standing for long hours.
• Ability to move around the facility, climbing stairs as necessary, bend down and reach up.
• Frequently communicates with others; must be able to exchange accurate information verbally
and in writing.
• Constantly operate a computer and other standard office equipment such as phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
• Ability to handle and lift objects weighing up to 25 lbs. alone; ability to lift objects weighing up to
50 lbs. in a two-person lift.
• Read or write and interpret data