ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Design Engineer will be responsible for the overall schematics design of Intel Processor-based products and its related interfaces. Supports and provides expertise from the design to the production phase of products under the supervision of the Hardware Engineering Manager and other Lead Designers. Provides feedback and expertise necessary for design optimization and product improvement.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design multi-platform products containing Intel Processors and Chipsets with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Perform the design at schematics level under Altium Designer (current ECAD of choice) and perform thorough design evaluation following PDGs and any other design document for the desired target platform (datasheets, design checklists, design guidelines, etc).
- Familiar with Intel-based designs including Processors, PCHs, Ethernet Controllers, etc.
- Drive overall project and interact with other departments (such as Software, PCB Layout, and Mechanical) as part of the overall design process.
- Interact with layout designers to provide guidelines, as needed, and as support contact through the layout design stages.
- Generate any board support documentation required for Reference Manual and Product Datasheet.
- Oversees and participates in hardware test and integration in a laboratory environment using a variety of test equipment including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and DMMs.
- Evaluates overall project architecture and proposes improvements if needed, and/or evaluates potential faults in the event the proposed architecture has issues.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5-7+ years of experience in Intel-based Processor designs including evaluation of engineering design concepts.
- Experience in Altium Designer is a plus
- Must have solid understanding of digital design, and high-speed serial interfaces (PCIe, Ethernet, QPI, etc).
- Must have thorough knowledge of DDR memory implementations
- Must be familiar with generic I/O interface design. Such interfaces are (but not limited to) HDMI, USB 2.0/3.0, Display Port, CAN, RS-485/422, JTAG, CPU Debug Interface, etc.
- Must be able to draft detailed documentation for Hardware Reference Manuals as well as support software and BIOS team on the design description details.
- Experience with BIOS design is a plus but not necessary.
- Experience with CPLD programming is preferred.
- Fluent English language – written and verbal
- Ability to multi-tasking and manage a variety of complex tasks.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organization skills.
- Technical Capacity
- Organizational skills
- High ethical conduct
- Ability to work independently
- Independent judgement
- Ability to multitask while producing quality output
- Communication Proficiency: oral and written
- Teamwork Orientation
- Indoors, mostly in lab environment
the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Sitting and standing for long hours.
- Ability to move around the facility, climbing stairs as necessary, bends down and reaches up.
- Frequently communicates with others. must be able to exchange accurate information verbally and in writing.
- Constantly operates a computer and other standard office equipment such as phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Ability to handle and lift objects weighing up to 25 lbs. alone; ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs. in a two-person lift.