Essential Job Functions:
• Manage people, systems, processes and work output in a variety of functional areas. Use of metrics to measure, adjust and provide team direction to achieve specific goals.
• Work with inter-departments to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
• Provide immediate, accurate and timely information to upper management using various methods of verbal and electronic communication.
• Ensure that all orders are processed in a timely manner.
• Reviews orders for correctness and accuracy; rectifies any problems by contacting the customer or Project Manager.
• Monitor and prioritize workload throughout the day.
• Set measurable and attainable annual goals that are in-line with the organizations long-term strategies.
• Manage lean initiatives and various process improvement projects.
• Create a culture of ownership and integrity.
• Promote creativity and innovation to drive towards operational excellence.
• Monitor all required audit and verification responsibilities.
• Responsible for managing, mentoring, training and recognition of employees.
• Oversee the development and maintenance of standard operating procedures and processes that promote lean and support customers.
• Strategically reallocate resources to minimize bottlenecks and overtime.
• Perform root cause analysis from workflow stops, continuous problems, or potential issues and implement changes to improve the process.
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
• Lead process improvement initiatives using lean tools to continually improve customer satisfaction.
• At least 5-10 years of experience leading a scheduling or functional department.
• Experience with a gaming manufacturer preferred.
• Continuous improvement experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
• At least 5-10 years of experience managing a functional department.
• Experience with Lean Manufacturing and kaizen.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Working knowledge of shipping regulations in various jurisdictions.
• Strong knowledge of Oracle and Manhattan ERP systems
• Strong knowledge of Production Scheduling systems and methods.
• Strong telephone, verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to interpret and follow complex work instructions.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to coach and lead teams effectively.
• Strong project management and leadership skills.
• Demonstrate ability to work effectively in various settings.
• Ability to multi-task is required.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.